SUMMARY OF ROLE
- Provide technical leadership at a project level.
- Work closely with internal and external business and technical counterparts while taking the lead role in API development.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of the latest technologies and patterns to provide leadership perspective on front and backend technologies and their overall impact.
- Lead development and maintain node.js applications for RESTful APIs in support of specific deliverables.
- Design robust solutions to hard problems that consider scale, security, reliability and cost.
- 3+ Experience designing application architectures, creating project estimates, defining scope requirements, and structuring projects.
- 5+ years of experience building REST based APIs, preferably with Node.js.
- 3+ years of experience with deploying Node.js based solutions into production.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, CosmosDB, Mongo, S3, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or software engineering or Associates Degree w/ 7 years software engineering experience.
OTHER VALUABLE ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
- Experience working as a full-stack developer switching seamlessly between server-side and front-end code.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum process to develop software systems.
- Experience with authentication (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, etc) and authorization of APIs and security best practices such as validation, etc.
- Web development experience with Angular or React is a huge plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Syracuse, NY 13202 (Required)
- United States (Required)
APPLY at email@example.com